- Initial AIDS Research Projects – applicants who have not yet received R01 type funding from NIH in the HIV/AIDS field
- Pilot Projects testing new or innovative ideas – applicants who have received R01 type funding from NIH, but not in the HIV/AIDS field (new to HIV research)
- Collaborative Projects – applicants would include at least one HIV investigator; collaborators must not have previous NIH R01 type funding together.
- Community Engaged Research Awards – applicants who have not yet received R01 type funding from NIH in the HIV/AIDS field, and who collaborate with a community-based organization. The goal of the Community Engaged Research Awards is to provide pilot research funds to Co-Principal Investigator teams consisting of one academic investigator and one community-based investigator. These award funds will be shared between the academic institution and the community-based organization.
- If you are interested in submitting a Community Engaged Research Award application, you must contact Dr. Ben Linas (Benjamin.email@example.com) prior to submitting a Letter of Intent in order to confirm that the proposed project is appropriate for this funding opportunity.
CFAR Developmental Grants
Applications due April 2nd
► Letters of Intent are required and due no later than 5:00pm EST on February 3rd
► LOIs must be submitted on-line using the following link: https://fs6.formsite.com/ltbcfar/LOI/index.html
► Notification of selected LOI’s for full submission will be announced by February 15th
► For those with accepted LOIs, full applications are due by 5:00pm EST on April 2nd
Applications due October 6th
► Letters of Intent are required and due no later than 5:00pm EST on August 4th
► For those with accepted LOIs, full applications are due by 5:00pm EST on October 6th
Anticipated Funding Period
The funding period for each award is determined when all regulatory and NIH required approvals are obtained. Projects are activated for a 1-year period, with potential for an additional 6-month no-cost-extension (NCE). Requests for NCE must be submitted with the required progress report.
For budget submission purposes:
- Fall: January 1st - December 31st
- Spring: July 1st - June 30th